London (ots/PRNewswire) – Retailers and web shops must start preparing for increased demand
Retailers and e-commerce companies need to get ready for an increase in demand on 25 November. Data from nShift, the global leader in parcel delivery management, shows that in 2021, Black Friday was responsible for 105% more outbound shipments than a typical Friday.
To help companies scale up, nShift has released a new guide. “Get ready for Black Friday: five ways that online retailers and web shops can get ready for one of the biggest shopping days of the year“, encourages businesses to:
- Ensure supply-chain resilience – at times of heightened demand, businesses must ensure extra capacity in their transport network. For this, they may need access to multiple carrier companies.
- Provide a range of delivery options – so that shoppers can choose how and when they want their product delivered. Offering a range of delivery options can increase conversions by 20%.
- Scale up customer communication – by sending consumers regular updates about the status of their delivery, retailers can cut support calls by 60%. This also enhances the customer experience.
- Prepare for rapid returns – some 84% of consumers will abandon retailers over a poor returns experience. It’s important that companies introduce a digital returns process that makes it easier for consumers and is more efficient for warehouses to manage.
- Create re-marketing opportunities – by taking control of deliveries, retailers can ensure the experience is fully branded, increasing loyalty. Offering “click and collect” delivery options can bring online shoppers in store, making it easier to market new products to them.
Lars Pedersen, CEO of nShift said: “Black Friday presents huge opportunities for businesses. But the companies that flourish will be those that have truly prepared a competitive customer experience. They will recognize that the way products are delivered can build loyalty and reputation and helps increase conversions.
“To create the best possible end-to-end delivery experience, companies will need delivery management software that can act as a strategic growth enabler. One that helps them to scale up quickly to meet increased demand.”
About nShift nShift is the global leading provider of cloud delivery management solutions enabling frictionless shipment and return of almost one billion shipments across 190 countries annually. nShift’s software is used globally by e-commerce, retail, manufacturing and 3PL shippers. The company is headquartered in London and Oslo. It has over 500 employees across offices in Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, United Kingdom, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania.
Rückfragen & Kontakt:
email@example.com / (+44) 07734 251 496
OTS-ORIGINALTEXT PRESSEAUSSENDUNG UNTER AUSSCHLIESSLICHER
INHALTLICHER VERANTWORTUNG DES AUSSENDERS. www.ots.at
(C) Copyright APA-OTS Originaltext-Service GmbH und der jeweilige Aussender.